New
Find
Notify
Tools

M38 Carcano
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thanks to Nathaniel at Myersarms.com who put me onto a Carcano stock, I was finally able to finish up my 7.35 Carcano project. It’s not professional, but I like it. Got brass, enbloc clips, a mould from Accurate Moulds, and a custom H&I sizing die. Now I need to do some casting and reloading.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 947 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
It's amazing what a nice sporter stock can do for a Carcano !

Roger

Posts: 1035 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking Carcano sporter. Did they make the stock for you? I have a Carcano project that I'm looking for a sporter stock for.

Posts: 83 | Location: Brownstown, PA | Registered: 04 January 2022Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No… the stock I got from Nathaniel was an old take off from years ago. Here is what it looked like…

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 947 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice. Thats what I'm looking for for my M41. Aftermarket stocks aren't made for Carcanos. I'm sure that it a demand issue.

Posts: 83 | Location: Brownstown, PA | Registered: 04 January 2022Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
that is very nice. good luck.

Posts: 6400 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjrdoc:
Nice. Thats what I'm looking for for my M41. Aftermarket stocks aren't made for Carcanos. I'm sure that it a demand issue.

It is a demand issue down here in Australia, for sure. In the past, I made roughly half a dozen Carcano patterns. That is a whole lot of work. I was convinced by a few people there could be a small market developed for them in AU/NZ like I already had for my Lee Enfield patterns. I had far better things to concentrate on, but felt it was the right thing to help the customers and hope for a few orders in the future. Hindsight: the original customers were about the only people interested in them. I cannot recall any further orders since completing the originals.

I suppose those patterns would have banked a fair bit more pay if they'd been roosting in the US - but still, turnover off them would be a joke compared to the demand for most other makes and models.

From my own perspective, 30-60 years ago these might have sold in fairly small numbers to the very tail end of the market in a time when blokes were sporterising just about anything and everything. There would have to be patterns in the US left over from those days. I'd reckon it's hardly worth their while dusting them off. Today that scene is more or less dead; the last gasps are before us.

This applies to other makes and models that are odd-balls. As an example, I (very happily) made an Arisaka pattern for Yumastampede around 2 years ago, in the "American Classic" style. I doubt it will be copied more than once, unless Yuma gets another Arisaka animal .

Posts: 101 | Location: Tasmania | Registered: 27 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Grinch:
Thanks to Nathaniel at Myersarms.com who put me onto a Carcano stock, I was finally able to finish up my 7.35 Carcano project. It’s not professional, but I like it. Got brass, enbloc clips, a mould from Accurate Moulds, and a custom H&I sizing die. Now I need to do some casting and reloading.

Hell of an improvement Mike! Glad to see it put to good use.

Sadly that stock was the nicest part of the rifle. Having seen the quality of their work, I wouldn't let them work on my wheelbarrow.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1479 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote