Find
Notify
Tools

257 Roberts rimmed SMLE
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted
Making a Mannlicher style stock for my Lithgow, the stock is for a pantograph pattern hence the join.

Roger

Posts: 1036 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice, that should be a sweet carry rifle.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 947 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Nice. It will be.

Posts: 17123 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Thanks Yoda ! stir

Roger

...sorry, resist I couldn't...

Posts: 1036 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the finished product, Yuma. The wildcat you mention -- how different is it from the old .25-303?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Pretty much the same, slight capacity difference, still limited by the strength of the action. This was originally a 303-25, as we call them here, and I had a couple hundred 7x57R cases left over when I sold my 7x57R/12ga BRNO combination, I built one of my Lithgows in 7X57R and re-cut this one to 257 Roberts. The beauty of using these cases in the LE's is that there are no other changes to mags or feeding because the 7x57R and 303 cases are so similar.

...my 7x57R, way back when, I am currently re-stocking in a Daniel Fraser style stock.

303 and 7x57R.

Roger

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Roger, you are fortunate to have those Lithgows to work with. They once were reasonable here, but not for a long time. I see rusty and shamefully abused kitchen-table butchered Enfields from any old arsenal starting at $500 here these days.
After reading Fitzsimons' "Kokoda" I wanted a Lithgow in the worst way, but failed to "strike whilst the iron was hot" if you have that saying in Australia.
Lovely that you have them available to build fine sporters.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote