quote:
Posted 20 July 2009 00:40 Hide Post
1. 03-A3
2. M54
3. M70

I agree hands down...

I own all 3 thumb

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Juggernaut76
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blacktailer:
1. 03-A3
2. M54
3. M70

Big Time!!! thumb

Praise be to the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Posts: 427 | Location: Clarkston, MI | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter:
In my mind a winchester 70 featherweight stocked in pre 64 controlled round feed. That's about as 'classic' as it gets.

I have to agree with buckeyeshooter. Thankfully, that is what I have for a 30-06. It was my grandfather's rifle. It's still all original too. The only thing I've changed on it was to put a 2.5x8 Leupold scope on top.

Posts: 3856 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone considered the home sporterized 03 or the NRA or DCM sporters? I did not see many 30/06's of any other type, until the 70's. Certainly not as pretty, or as well balanced as a Sedgely or a G&H.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brad:
I don't think anything is more Classic than Basic Black (Pre-64 M70 Fwt 30-06):

What stock is that?
Looks nice but ya kept the walnut right?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I apologize for no pictures!

For me, my Ruger M77 Express w/ intergral quarter rib, barrel band front sight, silvers pad, jeweled bolt, and open sights. It hasn't fired anything other than 220 grain round noses (nosler partitions and hornadys). I was very sorry to see Ruger discontinue those a few years back, but they weren't big sellers. Frowner

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Posts: 810 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote