New
Find
Notify
Tools

1917 value
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was wandering through Big Bear yesterday and I stumbled on a 1917 in the used gun section. I didn't have much time to look so I didn't write down the details and I didn't get a chance to look at the rifling, but the action was smooth.

The stock looks original with dings, scratches, etc, the rear sight on the barrel has been replaced with a peepsight on the frame and it is drilled&tapped for a scope. What is the gun worth?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whoops I had a brain malfunction. The Strap the goes around the barrel and stock is gone. It wasn't a rear sight.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
I only had one that was rebarreled to 458 win mag. Paid 150 for it and sold it for 300.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of duikerman
posted Hide Post
Original enfield go for about $400. Used ones that have been "butchered" go for $150

Posts: 770 | Location: colorado | Registered: 11 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by duikerman:
Original enfield go for about $400. Used ones that have been "butchered" go for $150

Eddystones, do...

Remington or Winchester Made ones go for a little more and are well worth the extra investment...

cheers
seafire
cheers

PS.. I sure love mine!

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
actions -- 75-150
shooting 30-06, bubba'ed up, 150-250
nicely done, but still not great, 250-500

a well done sporter, with good work, can got for LOTS more

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38480 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote