Find
Notify
Tools

bergara b-14
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
anybodt got any experience with these

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why, did Mossberg buy Bergara? :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a CVA Cascade,made in same factory. Huge value for the $.

Posts: 1473 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since you're not getting a lot of responses, I'll reply even though my experience is mostly 2nd hand.

The 3 or 4 guys I've shot with at a few long range matches I've attended really liked their Bergaras. I've heard of Bergaras that had trouble meeting the accuracy guarantee, but only online.

I have also read that sometimes the standard series actions seem rough (not super slick), yet they still shoot great. Seems like the Premier series actions really do get more attention and are smoother.

The customer service also gets high marks if you have a problem.

I like them. I really like the Remington footprint action for stock and trigger compatibility, and I think it looks great. I like the sporter style stocks, both in wood and the synthetic. I hope to buy one once I clear out some room in the safe.

HTH,
Steve

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Accuracy guarantee is bullet weight specific. 7mm-08 120 grn reduced recoil loads. Mine does shoots 154 horndy rn as well, but nothing else. It is an improved remington in a way.

Posts: 1073 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in 6.5 creed that will shoot in the low 2's with my best loads. it has smoothed up since I first bought it. Very functional accurate rifle, based on my success with it I bought one in 300PRC and it shoot the factory 212 ELDX in nice 3/4 in groups. Just starting load development with heavier match bullets.

I will buy them again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one . Shoots well. Very well actually.

Posts: 11975 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My B14 Wilderness Ridge 6.5 Creedmoor is extremely accurate. I’m well pleased with it.

Posts: 150 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 06 January 2006Reply With Quote