THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    info on Mauser (19)96 Straight pull

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

info on Mauser (19)96 Straight pull
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Please link to any information about this rifle, bases manufacturer or accessories.
All i can find is info in(18)96 Mausers.
What im looking for is the modern straight pull, like the Blaser, mauser manufactured rifle.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bump...

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had one in 270 for a while, what do you want to know?

Bases? The guys in the shop put Rem 700 bases on mine, seemed to work OK.
Mine came in a box marked "SIG, Blaser, Mauser.", with all of the company logo's on the end of the box.
A reliable rifle, a deerstalker friend talked me out of it, after my Blaser 93 arrived...

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do know that Mauser didn't make anything worthwile after the Model 66S. These straight-pull's have a very bad reputation. Do you have one?

Posts: 75 | Location: Antwerp, Flanders | Registered: 13 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Friedrich:
I do know that Mauser didn't make anything worthwile after the Model 66S. These straight-pull's have a very bad reputation. Do you have one?

reputation for what?

one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
I have one in 30-06. It works fine and is pretty light and easy to carry. The trigger isn't very good but it's still a pretty good shooter.

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know a very good hunter that has a 96 cal. 300WM; despite 10 years of rough handling, the rifle works perfectly and, with it, he killed many boars, roe deers and chamois, often with 200/250 m shots on moving animals. However, another guy, several years ago, broke the extractor, due to some extraction problems, after firing only 30/40 rounds; he sold the rifle directly afterward...... I can say that the reputation of the 96 is, on the whole, not so good and I've heard/read that several had some mechanical issues, with frequent extractor breaking.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Their reputation is due to frequent breakage and to simple fact that one likes to get Mauser quality with the brand name. As this was often not the fact many were very disappointed.

Posts: 75 | Location: Antwerp, Flanders | Registered: 13 August 2007Reply With Quote