New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser M12
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any thoughts on Mauser M12? Thinking of one in 300 win mag. The picture looks like a nice rifle. Weight w. 24 in bbl is listed at 7lbs. Price $1800.00 Thinking it would make nice all around rifle. Anyone own one? Insights on fit, finish, function appreciated. Any Thoughts on magazine, trigger, safety? Where are they manufactured? What kind of bases, rings do they take? Thanks in advance for your thoughts. Paul

Posts: 78 | Location: Alaska  | Registered: 22 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Fit and finish on my .30-'06 M12 walnut stock is very good. Metal fit and finish is excellent. As most of my rifles are 98 Mauser based, the bolt seems comparatively light and almost toy-like. I do like the short lift of the bolt. I have just one con, it would not feed all the way the first time and I had to send it to blaser/Mauser in Texas for tweaking of the extractor. The service was quick at under 3 weeks and it hasn't missed a beat since. The safety operation is very nice. Trigger is butter smooth and let-off is consistent at 2 pounds. It does feel a little "fat" about the magazine since it is wider than many bolt actions like 98 Mausers and Winchester Model 70's. But, the pop-out magazine is my favorite feature of the rifle. It pops out easily and snaps into place easily with a positive click. Loading the mag is a snap. Balance is decent. Rubber recoil pad is a little stiff, but the fit is flawless.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 6_5X57
posted Hide Post
I own a 338 WM and it is a very nice rifle. Easy to load, nice feeding well balanced and a pleasure to shoot. It shoots easily under 1 moa.

I like this rifle a lot,

Posts: 152 | Location: Almeria (Spain) | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys for the input. The 300 win mag is listed w 24" bbl and read that the bbl is not replaceable. Would this prevent having the bbl reduced to 22"?

Posts: 78 | Location: Alaska  | Registered: 22 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
Should be able to cut down the existing barrel without having it removed. I handled the M12 Extreme and was really impressed. I liked the stock, magazine & loved the safety and trigger.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote