New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem 700 Classic ...8 x 57
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't recall of reading any reports on the Classic in this chambering... They've been out long enough so that somebody must be surely be working up loads and hunting with them..

How is the accuracy...??.. How is the performance on game..??..

Posts: 119 | Location: Addison, NY | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tiny
posted Hide Post
Have 1 but I haven't had the chance to do alot of load work with it.Using IMR 4064 with 150gr & 175gr Sierra's,150gr Hornady's,and the 180gr Ballistic Tip.Shot them all good all avg 1 1/2" or less at 100.With the slight edge going to the B.T. over the others.
The dab blame Deer wouldn't come out to play with it.
Plan to play with the seating depth on the 150's as well as a couple other powders.

Have a Great Day and God Bless

Posts: 205 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
<9.3x62>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Pygmy:
I don't recall of reading any reports on the Classic in this chambering... They've been out long enough so that somebody must be surely be working up loads and hunting with them..

How is the accuracy...??.. How is the performance on game..??..

I have a pre-wart 700 ADL (walnut stock) with a Douglas barrel that will do 0.5MOA with good loads (target available). It is for sale, if you're interested.