New
Find
Notify
Tools

charles daly BRNO 30-06
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
i have seen these rifles advertised for as low as $280. anyone know of the quality? they are made on a BRNO action. seems like a good deal.

Posts: 466 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These are made in the Brno plant, which is in the same location as the CZ. These are entry level rifles made specifically for EAA or Charles Daly. Quality is lower than the CZ550 models, but they are worth the price if you are looking for the action alone. They are not listed on Brno's website.
http://www.zbrojovka.com/a_arms.htm
Their more refined models are made for the European market. I have an example of their full stock 98 in 9.3x62 on hand.

------------------

[This message has been edited by KurtC (edited 05-06-2002).]

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to find their websight for the plastic stocked inexpensive rifles. Anyone know how I can find it?

THX

Dog

Posts: 879 | Location: Bozeman,Montana USA | Registered: 31 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looking at the Charles Daly website, I do not believe that Brno is making their rifles. These look like the Zastava actions made in Yugoslavia, formerly imported by Interarms. They are good actions for the money, but I do not feel they are up to Brno standards.

------------------

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
/

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well said ALF.

I have had both the CZ550 and the Brno 98 in full stocked 9.3x62. One would swear that the same workers were doing shifts in both plants. The CZ utilizes their own actions while Brno follows the traditional 98 pattern. Overall quality is amazingly similar. Brno uses a full C ring, I forget which the CZ had.
I have also had one of the full stocked Zastava rifles from Interarms. Tool marks and lack of final polishing were disappointing traits. Never did like the sliding safety on them. One interesting feature was the side holes for a receiver sight.

------------------

[This message has been edited by KurtC (edited 05-06-2002).]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember the BRNO's you seek are sold by LSI (Legacy Sports Int), not Daly. ~~~Suluuq

Posts: 854 | Location: Kotzebue, Ak. | Registered: 25 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't believe the Legacy actions are made by Brno. They have been available for some time thru a company in California called Alex imports. They claim the actions are made in Belgium from commercial Mauser prints. Their prices for a barreled action were $400. The Legacy prices are about the same for the action alone. The photos show a double square bridge, but don't mention what type of mounts they are drilled and tapped for.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kurt... you are correct, the BRNO's are from EAA. I seen them in my Jerry's catalog as few minutes ago. ~~~Suluuq

Posts: 854 | Location: Kotzebue, Ak. | Registered: 25 December 2001Reply With Quote