THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    It's here! IT'S HERE!!!! ....338-06AI

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's here! IT'S HERE!!!! ....338-06AI
 Login/Join

<waldog>
posted
Sitting in my lap as I write this is a very, very cool rifle. A trued and blueprinted Rem700 with a Basix trigger (1.5lbs) and a 23.5", #6 contour, fluted, stainless, Pac-nor barrel. The whole thing has been teflon coated in a pueter grey and it's topped with a 2-8 Burris Signature posi-lock. For now, it's nestled into a sleek, black, synthetic stock. Unloaded, this 338-06AI tips the scale at just a shade under 8.5lbs.

Was it worth the 6month wait? You bet!!!

Gentlemen, let the celebration begin!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congradulations on your new rifle! Noticed you went with the #6 contour, will the #5 contour handle the 338 bore if fluted? Let us know how she shoots after you break her in, MtnHtr

Posts: 254 | Location: USA | Registered: 30 May 2002Reply With Quote
<waldog>
posted
A #5 will handle the .338 bore perfectly, infact that was our original plan. At least that's what I'd asked for. But a slight mixup occurred and we got a #6 contour. The gunsmith said no problem, if I wouldn't mind a fluted gun he'd flute it down to the weight of a #5, and it would save us all waiting for a #5 contour. I said go for it! And that's how it happened.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a passion about 338 anythings - the AI chambering sounds like a perfect match - be interested to hear about your reloads when you get her to the range - the whole rifle package sounds just flat cool. - enjoy.

Posts: 363 | Location: Madison Alabama | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote