THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Update on Weatherby Ultralight/ ? on bedding

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update on Weatherby Ultralight/ ? on bedding
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I finally got her to the range and she did around 1 1/2 inches with 168 grain Winchester silvertip. (Usually first and third shots are close with shot two a little farther out.) I also had a trade offer on a stainless Sako from my shop. I'm a sucker for Sako's but it'll cost me a couple of hundred dollars to do the trade.
So, if I bed the gun how should I get the gunsmith to do the barrel? NULA does partial bedding of the barrel channel. Mr Forbes should know what works best so should I copy his bedding style? Keep the pressure point? Or Free float?

Posts: 167 | Location: Eastern Shore of MD | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post