New
Find
Notify
Tools

8.59 Titan & 7.82 Warbird
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Getting ready to rechamber 2 guns to these calibers.

Anyone have one/either/both?

If so, how do you like the cartridges?

Thanx

------------------
Speak softly and carry a really big MAGNUM.

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 396 | Location: North East Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello.
I've looked at these Lazzeroni's myself. But my concern is how to get brass for them, atleast here in Norway. How is the access for brass in the US, and is it of good quality??

------------------
Shoot well, and hit hard.

Arild.
(And YES, I'm a NRA member!)

[This message has been edited by 460wby (edited 04-19-2002).]

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Lazzeroni sells it and it is available at www.midwayusa.com

I don't know the quality as I haven't re-chambered yet.

The average price per case is $2.00 here in the US.

John Lazzeroni and I have been e-mailing back and forth for the past 2 days. He has been extremely helpful.

2 thumbs up to Mr. Lazzeroni for his fine technical assistance.

------------------

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 396 | Location: North East Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
PAWildcatter,

I have several of the Lazzeroni's, including the 8.59. It is as good as John says it is, in both accuracy and velocity.

We have some data for them on our Reloading pages.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 67006 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
PAW-

Where in PA are you? I was in Williamsport last November for a match and talked to a guy who has a Heavy Gun in 8.59 Titan. Ask the PA boys about John Buhay. Better yet, go to a match. See ya in July!

Posts: 7492 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Mr. Lazzeroni has been more than helpful with my projects. His replys are almost immediate.

Even after I explained that I was going to be re-chambering a few A2s to his rounds and not purchasing his rifles, he continued to help me.

My gunsmith and I are looking at doing up to a 3 barel switch set on an A2 based on the Lazzeroni calibers.

I'm a 338 nut so the 8.59 Titan is a done deal. I'm debating between the Saturn & the Meteor - it will be one or the other. And then the Warbird.

I'll go to the Reloading pages to see what you have cooked up.

Thanx for the information

LDO

I live in Pike Co, PA. About 150 miles east of Williamsport. I'm where NY, NJ, & PA meet on the Delaware River - Milford, PA. An aquaintance of mine, Rich Morehead, shoots in Williamsport. I'll ask him about the gentleman you referenced.

Thanx for the assistance.

------------------

Regards,

Mark

Administrator
posted Hide Post
PAWildcatter,

John Lazzeroni is a great guy to deal with. He has always given me straight answers, and makes it a pleasure to deal with.

Highly recommended.

For the data, go to our home page www.accuratereloading.com

and click on the Reloading link. You will find all our data there.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 67006 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two rifles in Lazzeroni calibers. One is the first .375 built on the Patriot case by John...the 9.53 HellCat and the 2nd is a custom job I had done in the original short Patriot (.30). John is great to deal with and has recently gotten the "African" bug.

The Lazzeroni brass is first rate and of very high quality.

[This message has been edited by DB Bill (edited 04-20-2002).]

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Thanx for the directions to the reloading data.

I can't wait to get these Lazzeronis up and going.

DB,

Good info.

Thanx.

------------------

Regards,

Mark

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, my friend.
I could'nt find anything on the 8,59 Titan, on the reloading-pages??
Please correct me if I'm blind!

------------------
Shoot well, and hit hard.

Arild.
(And YES, I'm a NRA member!)

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote