Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Lefties
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
And I don't mean communists.
Boise Gun Company (I don't know why I shill for them; I don't get any price breaks for my efforts) has a nice left handed Winchester Model 70 Classic CRF in 300 Win Mag. The scope mount holes are straight, and the stock is a nice dark reddish color.
Their phone number is (208) 376-4440. If you need a picture let me know and I'll forward one to you.
lawndart
noak@ddirecway.com

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
lawndart,
I would like to have a picture please. I don't suppose this is a stainless model?

Posts: 484 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry,
Wood and blue steel. Good looking gun.
I'll post the pictures here in the next 24 hours.
lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
So how much does Boise Gun Company want for it?

Sportsman's Warehouse in Meridian has had a left hand Model 70 LT .300 Win. Mag on the shelf for over a year. I believe their price is right about $639 or thereabouts.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery!
Hit the target, all else is twaddle.

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I seen one here at Sportsman warehouse just last week on sale for $599 in Anchorage Alaska. And we have no sales tax. I been trying to sell my stainless model for $575 with zero bites. Gun market is slowing way down.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So how much does Boise Gun Company want for it?

Sportsman's Warehouse in Meridian has had a left hand Model 70 LT .300 Win. Mag on the shelf for over a year. I believe their price is right about $639 or thereabouts.

About that I believe. Gary is usually a little bit prouder of his stuff than Sportsman's, but his service after the sale is stellar. I enjoy getting worked over by a well seasoned master salesman/owner much more than talking to a minimum wage and minimum age counter rat at Sportsman's.

lawndart

one of us
posted Hide Post
Your reply sounds like you are offended. Apparently you do not want to buy this rifle but posted this in case someone is looking for one.

Not my intention to one up you or denigrate Boise Gun Co., I just figured I would do the same as you and post where one could be found. You did not post a price so I asked what they are selling their's for. It wasn't meant as a challenge to you or a slap at BGC. I know Gary as well and have bought three or four guns from him.

Anyway, sorry if my post angered you.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery!
Hit the target, all else is twaddle.

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Jim,

Not angry at all, sorry if it sounded that way. I'm preoccupied today. Just had an MRI this afternoon and I'll be giving all the money I have been saving up for a trip to Africa to my neurosurgeon - again. Nothing exotic, just have to get some scar tissue cleaned out along with the rest of a disc.

It is too rainy this weekend, but if you want to come on over next weekend I live over by Parma. We can go shoot some ground squirrels then burn some elk burgers on the grill. The secret to perfect tasting elk burgers is to mix in a touch of pork sausage, yum, yum.

I was mainly embarrased because I forgot to write down the price. I try and post pictures of Gary's left handed guns from time to time because I know a lot of places don't stock them.

I'm ambidextrous and left eye dominant. I started out shooting rifles right handed. Sometimes it is easier to make a shot left handed. My AR-15's and AR-10's are set up ambi. There are some cover and concealment advantages to that. I switch shoulders with shotguns if I get sore on one side, and now I shoot pistols 50/50 each way. Maybe I should get a left handed bolt rifle for something to do. Hmmm, might have to find something to trade for that rifle if no one else wants it.

Anyway, give me a shout at the Owyhee Medical Clinic in Homedale. It should be in the book. Not Owyhee Medical Center on Owyhee Street in Boise. Those wankers stole the name. Ask for lawndart and they'll put you through.

lawndart

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Lawndart-
Thanks for looking out for of us left handed shooters. I'm always on the lookout for
LH rifles of any stripe. I happen to have a LH SAKO 300 Win or I'd be interested. Keep up the good work.
Regards,
SB Smith

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nice goin,Lawndart as hard as it is for us southpaws to find a good gun at a decent cost,not too many mid or bigbore lefties around. I rebarreled my 30-06 into .35 Whelen,sweet music comin out of it. Big Grin

respect Lawndart / Atle

Posts: 1 | Location: Dalecarlia,Sweden. | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone is interested. I have a LH stainless winchester 70 in 300 win mag that is used but in great shape with wood stock. It has the action blueprinted. Cost $575. I also have a new Savage 110 with the heavy fluted stainless barrel with the adjustable on/off muzzle brake in 300 win and syn stock (no longer made by savage)$525. And a LH NIB Ruger blued steel walnut stock with rings and box for $475. I am not a dealer. These are my own personal guns. And I know this isnt the classified section but I just posted them because the conversation was going this way. Cheers.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote