New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako L61R trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know how to adjust the trigger? It's at about 8 lbs and I want 2 1/2.

Bobby B.

Posts: 323 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
I have the same rifle and adjusted to what is approx. 2lbs. Quite easy to do and the trigger is of good quality I would say. Go to the Sako web site, pull down under the heading of "old models" and you will find a detailed description of maintenance and procedures for the action. The instructions will advise you to not go less than 2kg, but believe you will find you can go less than that with care. It is not difficult to do and once you loosen the lock nut apply slotted screw driver and rotate counter clockwise facing the rear of the action.
There is an adjustment screw on rear of trigger group for backlash and you can set either to your standards. Again, suggest you go to their site and copy the instructions as mentioned above. Good luck and believe you will like the results.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote