Find
Notify
Tools

Win M70 stainless 300 WSM
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted
Who has one of these? My friend is looking at buying a new rifle. He wants it to be stainless/synthetic, shoot flatter than his 308, and have a good trigger pull.

I saw an article in a mag. that did a test with this rifle. It shot alright, but am looking for people who actually own this rifle to post their experiences and opinions.

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Don Martin29>
posted
Use the search function. Brad has had a few threads on his WSM.

one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Tod,

It wasn't mine, but I shot one at the range today.

Same model your looking for, stainless/composite Win M70.

Very nice shooting, very little recoil.

Shot 180gr Winchester factory ammo at about 1-2 inches at 100 yards. The scope was a cheapish Tasco, and it was crooked. [Smile]

Overall the rifle fed and shot very well.

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbrook
posted Hide Post
I just fired my Stainless WSM for the first time this weekend. It shot about an inch with the 180 power points. Recoil seemed similar to my 30-06 BDL. A friend of mine is getting about 1/2 inch with the WSM winchester ballistic tips.

Posts: 522 | Location: SE MIchigan | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the Winchester Stainless Classic in the 300WSM with a Kahles 3X9 AH. (I shoot 3-shot groups because the barrel gets too hot with 5.)
With Winchester brass, Federal 210 primers, (you do not need magnum primers for any WSM), 73gr of Reloder 22, 165 Sierra BTSP loaded to 2.90 inches,
I get 3/4 inch groups. Sighted 2 1/2 inches high at 100 yard, I'm 1 inch low at 300. As with all Winchesters, I've re-done the bedding and floated the barrel. I like the WSM's. Right now I'm waiting on my Ruger No.1 that I'm having re-barreled in 270WSM.

Oh yeah! I've reloaded the brass 6 times and it's going strong. No cracked necks or stretching.

Posts: 398 | Location: Texas | Registered: 27 September 2000Reply With Quote