THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Who Says AutoLoaders can't Shoot?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Says AutoLoaders can't Shoot?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Browning BAR 300WSM, 180 Nosler Partition, Ramshot Hunter, new trigger job. Target from my fourteen year old son behind the trigger.

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My experience with BAR's is that they shoot like yours or they shoot 2.-2.5 inches with no rifles in between. I used to sell quite a few of them and have sighted in a bunch. About every third one will shoot as well as any bolt gun.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
very noce indeed.
From my experience, you can find examples of most any actionthat will shoot great, I have a marlin 45/70 thats pret near MOA at 100.
But it's prety hard to argue that the bolt action on avarage is most likly to shoot strait ...tj3006

freedom1st

one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve 4102 ----- A great group with any rifle, congrats. I shot two BAR's in .300 Winny for years, taking several Elk with them. One would do .5 consistently the other would do one holers when I did my part. My BAR's were great rifles 100% reliable from the bench, 90% in the field. Cold and ice were the culprets, as well as accumulated gunk inside after days of hunting in dusty conditions. They served me well and would still be with me, if I had not sold or swapped them for 100% reliable Model 70's. wave Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2349 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Figures, you had a ringer behind the trigger. Wink Well done to the lad.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of squeeze
posted Hide Post
That looks like the groups I get out of my BAR,
in .308 Win. Coming from a Rem. 7400, where
1.5" groups were reason to celebrate, this
couple of year old BAR Stalker is pretty
boring. Every once in a while, I shoot 5
shot groups, with no cooling, just to see the
groups open up a bit Big Grin

I shoot mostly bolt guns, for the reliability,
and accuracy. But this BAR, and a RRA AR-15,
have never failed to feed, or fire, and both
print some bolt action types of groups, with
their favorite ammo.

Squeeze

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Posts: 201 | Location: Wis | Registered: 05 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Bar carbine shoots like that with factory loads in 30-06. It's always reliable in the worst weather.
I had a buch of winchester 100's and Remington 7400 that you can't hit your hat with but an exception once in a while. I've never had a bar that don't shoot good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had a 300 WinMag, 338 WinMag, and 30-06 all in BAR and they all shot better than I could. Typical Browning quality.

Posts: 184 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot a 5 shot group like that out of my Mini 14 once but it doesn't do it day in day out.

Its a 2 inch rifle other wise.

Posts: 19389 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote