THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    perhaps the finest medium bore caliber...416Rigby Added(pics)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

perhaps the finest medium bore caliber...416Rigby Added(pics)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dang, what gorgeous rifle!!! I would almost hate to take it to the field, but I would.

Posts: 144 | Location: East MS | Registered: 12 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice rifle indeed, the only thing that would make it better is if it were a .404 Jefferys! beer

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by husky:
Hi Jens,
The finest rifle so far at AR! clap

Jeffery's High Velocity Tripple Three is an interesting cartridge.

My Jansen Sons & Co is still at my gunsmith, but will be ready quite soon. I use Norma 204 powder and Stewart 300 grain bullets dancing

´

Looks great Husky! Wink

Thanks for your fine compliments dancing

Can you get your double to shoot 300 grainers allright?? Jeffery´s normally regulated their double for the 250 grainers.

Who/what/where is "Stewart bullets" ????Eeker

I use N160 for my trible-three.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Very nice rifle indeed, the only thing that would make it better is if it were a .404 Jefferys! beer

You really got my mind convulsing bewildered...I do have a beautifull .416 Rigby made by the same folks who did this .333 mauser...but it is very tempting to make up a .404 and the .280 Jeffery...maybe one day perhaps Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats why I might not get a .404 anyway..Ray! Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jens, can I ask where you got those express sights from? I need some that are compatable with a peep.

Very, very nice rifle you have there.

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Oh yes the famous 416 Poulsen.
Golmatic magnum mauser action with all the RIGHT trimmings.
I have shot this rifle and the balance is perfect.
The sights are a dream and it feels like an extension of your index finger - you just point and shot.

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
Hi Jens,
congratulation! Fine gunwork. My dad and I builded a Mauser 98 in 10,75 Mauser in the middle of the ´90.
Is it a problem to fit the .333 Jeffery into a standard lenght Mauser action?

@husky,
Nice double. I love such old guns. Guns with an history. I get an old, pre WW2-made belgium double rifle befor a few years. Made for the .405WCF.

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EXPRESS:
Jens, can I ask where you got those express sights from? I need some that are compatable with a peep.

Very, very nice rifle you have there.

The sights are special made 4 folding + 1 standing. Recknagels only goes to 3+1 so a special barrelfooting had to be made, like the A mausers sights. The standing sight can of couse be milled off, for the use of boltdiopter.
Thanks for compliments Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bore Fan:
Is it a problem to fit the .333 Jeffery into a standard lenght Mauser action?
Martin

It is very easy for a gunmaker to fit the .333 jeffery catridge into a standard M98 mauser action.. The overall catridgelength of the .333jeffery is only 88.5mm. Recknagels magazine/trigger box goes up to 92mm. Only a slight milling(open up the action) will do the trick to the .333 Jeffery to feed well.

Thanks for compliments Wink

One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
Thanks jens,

yes, your ´re right, with a new and bigger magazine box, it´s easierer to fit this round into the action. Befor few years I have had the same idea with a express rifle in .333Jeffery, but then I select the 7mm Mauser. I wasn´t thinking about a new magazine box in this years. Roll Eyes

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote