Find
Notify
Tools

FN30-11 Replica
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted
How do you like this? Guy on another forum. Bought the stock from Gunparts corp and put a Shaw barrel on VZ-24 action. Modified an STG-58 bipod. Looks almost like the real thing yes?

I wonder if the VZ-24 could take the .300 RUM or .300WSM?

Shot of bottom showing the rail and very sano bipod installation.

[This message has been edited by Roger Rothschild (edited 04-21-2002).]

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
That looks good Roger! Well done indeed. What caliber is it? The VZ/24 is strong enough for those rounds but I'm not certain they would feed very smoothly.

------------------
Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member

[This message has been edited by Bear Claw (edited 04-20-2002).]

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
Howdy Bearclaw,
An engineer on the Tishamingo RR built that. $80.00 for the stock (I know, that is what it is costing me ), the STG-58 bipod he modified by cutting off the feet and looks like some plastic coatings on the ends. He milled a piece of bar stock to fill the rail, 0.880" underneath the stock and attached the bipod to it. The buttpad is another STG-58 leftover.
Figure $100.00 for the receiver, $80.00 for the stock, $200.00 for the barrel and $25.00 for the bar stock and leftover parts = NOT BAD!!
He did say it fed very well. He is going to fix the triggerguard to accept FAL magazines here in the near future. I haven't asked him how it shoots.
I am looking forward to getting my stock. I will use an adjustable bipod like the m-14 style. Have already decided what I am going to do, just need to wait another couple of weeks. I'll be outa school and working, will be able to get the ball rolling on this.

Oops! It is a .308 Winchester with 1:10 twist.

[This message has been edited by Roger Rothschild (edited 04-21-2002).]

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote