Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M70 Super Grade in .300 Win Mag
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone got one from the new factory in .300WM or any other caliber? I bought a Safari Express last year in .375HH and am thrilled with it. Giving thought to a Super Grade in .300WM.

If so, what are your thoughts? Any and all responses positive or negative are appreciated and respected.

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
7mm: I have the .375 Safari Express, too, and love it. I was looking at the Super Grade .300 just today with another fella, and he's going back to buy it. Wood was very nice, high polish blue was, too. And of course these new M70 triggers are excellent.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16392 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill, good to hear. I'd love to hear how it shoots.

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also just bought a new SC made Safari Express in 416 Remington magnum. This is my first Model 70 and I am so impressed with it I am thinking about getting the Super Grade in 338 WM. The only chink in the armor I found was a weak bedding job on the forward recoil lug. I did a full bed on the gun before ever shooting it to avoid any stock damage from heavy recoil.

I feel for the money that Winchester offers a superior product. As I said I had no experience with M70's and made my purchase based on recomendations from this forum. I received great advice. dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i bought an fn model 70 super grade (270 win) a couple months ago. fit and function are perfect, and accuracy has been moa with 2 different factory loads. Lord willing, i'll kll most of my deer and an elk with this rifle later this year. i am very pleased with the new super grade. good luck should you choose to buy one.

Posts: 678 | Location: lived all over | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote