THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    What do you think of this deal !

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think of this deal !
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I saw a coupe very cool rifles today at a gun show. I missed on one (see my thread I blew it) But there was another one I really liked but just can't pay the asking price with out a trade. its BRNO 7x57 with double set triggers barrel band front swivle, really prety darn nice rifle, I would love to have it.
The guy selling it was a real nice gentelman of 94 yrs. He wanted I can't remember exzatcly beetween 8 and 900.00. Its on my mind. I am thinking of going back tommorow with my pre 64 featherweight .308. Its a good shooter but not collectable. I think i would offer the rifle and 350.00 expecting a counter offer of my .308 and 450.00 hopfully setteling on my rifle and 400.00. seem reasonabl ?
I love check rifles and the 7X57, But I don't know much about the brno,s. I am prety impressed with my CZ 550s and my CZ 75. The checks make a good gun.
i would want to put a low power variable VX3 mabye even a 1,5x5 on the coller than heck check ! ...tj3006

freedom1st

One of Us
Picture of Wizard78
posted Hide Post
If you want to sell for cash, I'd give you $500 for your Winnie, If it's in good shape. email me.

Posts: 1550 | Location: SE Florida | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What makes you think 94yr gent will want another rifle? A 7-08 Kimber 84M 'Classic' can be had for $850 (local Gander Mtn. store), so why bother with an old beater 7x57? sofa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paolo
The 7x57 mauser I looked at was no old beater. I would probably like the kimber just fine too.
I prefer the 7X57 round, I have owned and reloaded for both, and most importantly about the bruno, they don't make them any more.
Its one of those things that if I have to explain it you would,nt understand...tj3006

freedom1st

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
is it a brno 21? nice looking rifles...

if the pre64 is instact, I'll give you $500 for it.. you can go ahead and send it to dubell so it can be bored the 358....

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38464 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I blew it again, the bruno was gone when I got there. He got full asking price too. I could have sold my .308 for 475.00 right off the bat and bought the Bruno, but thats how it goes.
I did buy a JC higgins FN 30,06 for 350.00.
It has been restocked and and has a timney and a cheapo 4 power scope.
I will try it out with the factory 06 tube and if it shoots great I will just see if my smith can do a little cosmetic stuff and probably keep it, But If its not a great shooter its a heck of an action to build another custom. mabye another Whelen..tj3006

freedom1st

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Not jumping on the pre-war M70 for $525 was a big mistake. The 7x57 Brno at $900 was not a bad price either if unaltered with most original finish. Snooze you lose.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There will be another one. There is always that next gun, just never the last one. I love those BRNO's myself. Thad Scott has several on his web sight.

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1226 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote