THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Question regarding custom mauser

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question regarding custom mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Not sure if I should post in the medium bores or the custom rifle category. Item 1003718630 on gunbroker interests me but I'm not fond of double set triggers. How hard/easy is it to replace with single trigger? cost?

I have no gunsmiths in my area except those who specialize in AR rifles. thanks

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
It is easy. Most of the double set mechanism is in the floor plate, but there is a part of it on the bottom of the action that can be removed with a single pin. It is the same pin/location that is used to install any other trigger.

Ok, just looked at the rifle. The problem would be altering that fine looking bottom metal for a single trigger. I suspect it could be done, never tried it. But to me it would be a shame to destroy that setup.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Just buy it. Replace the TG assembly with a new one; can be a custom one, or just a military one. Sell the DST fancy one for more than it is worth.
Problem solved.

Posts: 17127 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What DPCD sez, not much trouble, but on my JP Sauer I had the front trigger removed and the rear trigger replaced by a Timney but the timney trigger cut off and replaced with the original rear scolloped trigger of tje SAuer. A difficult but beautiful work of art at just a tad short of 3 lbs let off..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote