New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Acera
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just saw one of these at the range & really liked the feel & concept. A search of some gun auction sites turned up nothing. Are they really that rare? The one I saw was an '06 in good condition. I'm thinking I could swing a deal with this fellow but don't know where to start. Blue Books IMHO don't really give a "real world" price. I like to see what they are selling for not listing as...A big difference on many sites. Any info on these rifles price, availability problems would be appreciated. I am always drawn to different and that is NOT always a good thing! LOL Thanks for any input!

Posts: 258 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Acera are rare, indeed, for the simple reason that they flopped and didn't sell. The market immediately recognized it as a joke knock off of the most successful Blaser R93... It's funny to read that, in their advertising, Browning distinguishes the Acera from their B....r competitor by extolling the virtues of the bolt being captive within a closed receiver and not causing disturbing movements in front of the shooter's eyes ; a "slight" disavantadge : the rifle must be cleaned from the muzzle ?!? IMHO, not the best thing for lasting accuracy and not the smartest way to get around a competitor's patented mechanism...

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Safety and bolt handle in the wrong place a a BAR deriverate see browning maral has made the changes. Mauser 96 and Heyms version did also flop.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote