Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage Model 10 .308
 Login/Join

posted
Well, I am fairly new here and to rifling. I just purchased a slightly used Savage. I must say, the bolt is very comparable to the Tikka T3 I tried. I shoot mostly Trap and skeet as well a handgun target. I figured what the heck. I heard it called a sickness. Once you start you can't stop.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Your Savage should be extremely accurate!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10509 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the mix.

A lot of folks underestimate the Savage line of rifles. Personally I do not have one as of yet. Simply due to not being able to figure out what I would pick or when I would shoot it. Bowever, I am always looking and if the right deal come along, well that's always an excuse to pick one up.

There is a LOT of info on them at Savage Shooters Homepage

I know that one of their attributes is the flaoting bold head which centers up on the case. As well as being able to adjust the headspace if needed, and being able to swap out barrels on like sized case calibers.

Good luck with your new toy and be sure to let us know how it shoots.

Mike / Tx

One of Us
Picture of cobra
posted Hide Post
I was a life long Remington buyer until I bought my first Savage in the early nineties, a stainless synthetic model in .338 WM. Since then I have purchased another thirteen Savages of various calibres and have only two Remingtons left, both 7600's. For accuracy, reliability and toughness and durability under extreme conditions, the Savage IMO is the winner hands down.

Posts: 8827 | Location: CANADA | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote