THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    .270 Factory Loads with 130gr NBT ?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.270 Factory Loads with 130gr NBT ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are there any .270 Winchester factory loads with 130 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips? If so, what are they (brand and name of load)?

I acidentally posted this in the small caliber forum first by mistake. Please only reply here in the medium bore forum

Brazos Jack

Posts: 259 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look for Federal Vital Shok, or might even look at Winchester Supreme. Winchester uses their version which is called the Ballistic Silvertip®.

Same bullet only Winchester adds the black Lubalox coating to them.

Mike / Tx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Federal loads the Nosler Ballistic tip in 130 grain. I find them accurate and deadly on Whitetail. They are a bit explosive but behind the shoulder shot wastes little meat.
Shoulder shot yields preground sausage meat.

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
Mark Twain

Posts: 663 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 January 2007Reply With Quote