THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Maybe there should be a forum for the larger small bores.

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maybe there should be a forum for the larger small bores.
 Login/Join

<leo>
posted
On the small bore forum the .22 centerfires and smaller are pretty much the topic discussed there. Maybe we should have a forum for true deer size calibers from .243 to 7mm. and that should include the .308s and .311s. too.

<hkr>
posted
You got my vote!

one of us
Picture of HiWall
posted Hide Post
A .243 is too small for a big deer.

Posts: 323 | Location: Back Home in Aus. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Leo,

Any suggestions of what we should call this forum?

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 67007 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<333-OKH>
posted
Saeed;
A few thoughts on a proper name:
Mundane Bore Rifles.
Deer Rifles for the Average Joe.
Rifles That Work So Well They Are Seldom Thought About.
Common Bores, Could also include the occasional poster.
Non-Sexy, Unexciting and Plain Bores.
Rifle Bores That Are Like A Good Marriage, Comfortable And Satisfying.
Bambi Killers.
If It's Not Fast Or Real Big It's Here.
Bores For Those Too Old Or Too Smart To Want To Get Beat Up By Their Gun.
Versatile And Dual Purpose Bores.
Bores That You Can Usually Buy Ammo Over The Counter For In Small Towns.
It really doesn't seem necessary to me, and yes I have some of the bores that would be included and like and use them. We can read about the 243, 7Mag et. al. ad nauseum. I vote for not separating them out.

------------------
If Elmer didn't say it, it probably ain't true.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think that the newest addition is enough IMHO. If we split our discussions to much there will be less people on each forum.

Posts: 544 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 27 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Wachtel.

However, the prospect of naming the forum really brings up the class differences here.
How about:

Blue collar rifles
Best value rifles
Rifles for the NOT so rich and famous
Dinner rifles
Politically correct rifles
Bores for the other 99.9% of the shooting public
Average Hunting Bores
Deer Rifles?

gs

Posts: 1805 | Location: American Athens, Greece | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
<leo>
posted
Saeed........I think the title "Medium Bores" makes people think in terms of .308 to .375. To keep from diluting this forum how 'bout this........."Medium Bores and Deer calibers" That'll work!

one of us
Picture of killsoft
posted Hide Post
I too would like to oppose another forum topic. We loose a bit of continuity with everything all spread out, and get a lot of redundancy. I like to read about a range of subjects in one place rather than having to jump to a separate forum title twenty times.

I would have opposed a separate category for Medium Bores, except that is God's own preferred caliber range and of course deserves its own forum

Robb

------------------

Posts: 45 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"........."Medium Bores and Deer calibers" That'll work! "

I'd like to post with something like that marine 'who yeahhhhh" but, it looses something in my typing it...;-(

gs

Posts: 1805 | Location: American Athens, Greece | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think this forum should be renamed, and have the parameters from about 269 to 374.

Deer and Medium Bore Rifles would be a better name.
My two cents.

gs

Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Me thinks between the big game board, and the reloading board, the ~.243" - .308" bores are already well represented, and discussed.

If folks want to discuss those bores here, or on the small bore board, have it, no resistance from me.

The reason I asked Saeed to start a medium bore forum is the 300 ultra mag posts didn't seem to fit in the small bore board, and neither did the 338-378's fit in the big bore board. There is also a fair bit of interest in medium bores, as attested by the traffic on this board. I agree that too many forums tend to reduce the effectiveness of the forums, as only so many folks visit so many forums.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
If not "larger small bores" try "smaller large bores". Or "Not quite medium bores"!!!!!!!!

To me a small bore is up to 22 calibre
Medium bore is 6mm to .35
And large bore is 9.3 and 375 and up.

Seems pretty well covered to me already.

------------------
John
alias Nitro

NitroExpress.com

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Of course if you back a few years

The 4 and 8 bore rifles were big bores,
the 450s and 500s were medium bores
And the 375s and 400s were small bores.

Under 375 were pop guns for the kids.

------------------
John
alias Nitro

NitroExpress.com

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
<richard10x>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by NitroExpress.com:
Of course if you back a few years

The 4 and 8 bore rifles were big bores,
the 450s and 500s were medium bores
And the 375s and 400s were small bores.

Under 375 were pop guns for the kids.

In the smokeless era as I remember it was under .333, small bore, .333 through the .425 Westley Richards wetre the mediums and .450 and up were the big bores.

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Richard

At one time the .58 was considered a small bore.

Take your pick of which era you want.

------------------
John
alias Nitro

NitroExpress.com
communities.msn.com/NitroExpressCom

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

Walter is building an air rifle which will rival the 577 T.Rex in recoil power!

Stay tuned, and we hope to have a video of it in action in a few days time!

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 67007 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote