New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Match M1 Garand!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just got back from the local sport's store (I'm at my summer home) with a deal beyond all deals. I just purchased a Springfield National Match M1 Garand in 30-06 for, and this is the amazing part..... $1150!! (canadian) jumping

Now, before someone screams "Conspiracy!!", the rifle is used. But in near mint condition. The fellow who owned her before me didn't put a dozen rounds through her I'd say.

It's pouring rain today with no end in sight, so she ain't been to the range yet, but come sun light... In the mean time though, I am curious as to the value of this rifle when it was new. I can't seem to find one.

Anyway, back to thanking my lucky stars. cheers

Arctic Gun

Posts: 91 | Location: North of sixty | Registered: 23 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
Probably around $650 U.S. new if it was made in the 1980s.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
mine is a 1944 springfield.... i paid $1k, wood is prolly 95%... bore is 95%+.....i'm shooting the 1975 korean surplus 150 gr ball...and getting 2" x 2" groups at 100 yds.... the gun shoots better than i can hold... good luck with a great gun!!!

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2831 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I can't comment on th price. since it's been awhile since I bought mine. I know the new ones are going for all of that. Time to get to the range & feed it some 168grSMK. clap

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I concur, no comment onthe pricing, since the price for Garands is now all over the place. Just love it and feed it lots of 168 grain match ball. You'll have a friend forever!!!

LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To see how good she shoots try some Federal 168 gr Match factory ammo.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Garand--takes me back to my college days and the rifle team--I can still hear the "pling" when the last round is fired and the clip is ejected and hits the ground! clap

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"