New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who has the best price on CZ rifles? I didn't see the LUX on the website other than the full-stocked version. Can I still get a short stock LUX in 9.3x62 and if so, who has the best deal. I'd go for a used on as well if anyone has one.

Libertatis Aequilibritas

Posts: 570 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of verhoositz
posted Hide Post
You might try Bill's Guns over in Ft Worth and see what they can come up with. Talk to James Sheid. I bought 9.3 American from him last month and he had another one as well...and the only two in North Texas at the time. I talked to or visited every CZ dealer in the DFW area and did not find any of the other dealers who stocked as much CZ as James does.
Bills is right next door to Alpine Range where James was the manager for over 20 years.

You also might call Roger George down in Stephenville. He owns Pigeon Road Shooting Range out north of town, and told me he sells a number of the CZ Safari guns and generally has some in stock as well. Roger has told me he would find me whatever I wanted if I had the time to wait and was always a man of his word when I was selling to him. He was my next stop in looking for the 9.3 American I was trying to find in North Texas.
The next best option and probably the largest inventory of CZ's in Texas would be to call McBrides in Austin, and talk to another old friend, Joe McBride. When I started calling all my old dealers who were on the CZ Dealer list back in January Joe said he didn't think he had gotten a 9.3 in his order but again would order/find whatever I wanted- this was before the SHOT Show. Said he was beginning to sell CZ's at a good clip especially in the smaller calibers and rimfires - probably because of the Silhoutte Range down in New Braunfels and still had a couple dozen in mixed styles.
Ron

Posts: 260 | Location: On the Red River in North Texas | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll give them a call and see if they can find me a lux. I'm not nesessarily needing a dealer in Texas. I've bought a lot of guns over the net and have a friendly FFL guy here that does the transfers.

Libertatis Aequilibritas

Posts: 570 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Billhilly,

I have a lux 9.3x62 which I love............you just need to get it bedded and floated as most of them make contact on the forend with the barrel.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PC,

Where did you get it? Is it the short stock? I didn't see that model on the CZ website. All they showed was the manlicher? version.

Libertatis Aequilibritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Billhilly I have had it for probably 18 months now and got it ordered in by Olin Australia who are part of winchester and they also handle cz rifles in Australia, as far as I know there where only a handful made it into the country.

Mine is the version with the 23 1/2" barrel.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MLC
posted Hide Post
I bought my 6.5x55 from a seller on Gunbroker.com.
Their screen name is Ton80.
I'd say half the CZ stuff on Gunbroker is sold by them.
They are in Norcross GA and answer their phone(1-888-207-2220) in a gruff, "Gunshop".
If any of you find prices cheaper than theirs please post where to look.

Posts: 233 | Location: Solebury, PA | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote