THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Winchester 94 Commemorative value (Teddy Roosevelt .30-30)

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 94 Commemorative value (Teddy Roosevelt .30-30)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted
My next door neighbors dad has one of these, new in the box with all the paper work. He has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and is selling a few rifles that he's not passing down to the family. The rifle has "nickel" finish on the receiver and forend cap and butt plate. The receiver also has dates and patterns engraved in it along with a saddle ring. The barrel is octagon and approximately 22" long.All the letter work on the barrel is gold. The stock has very nice wood for a "94" and has the Teddy Roosevelt medallion on it. The rifle looks untouched, the Commemorative box is in good shape and all the paper work is there. He said he would like to get $600 out of it. I would like to help him out, but I'm out of my league on this one. Is the rifle worth anything near that? Given his situation I don't want to negotiate with the guy and, I would like to help him out if the price isn't completely out of line. At the same time I don't want to get taken to the cleaners either. My neighbor say's his dads got in his head he needs to sell some of his things to pay for his own funereal. Those that know about these Commemorative 94's please give your opinions. Thanks, TC

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the exact same gun in the exact same condition. In the box, unfired, with all the paper work. My great uncle got it while he worked for Winchester.

Anyway, I was curious what mine was worth (even though I have no intention of ever selling it). I looked it up in either Gun Values or The Blue Book and it said that one in mint condition was worth about $450. I don't know if their idea of mint condition includes the fact that you would have all of the original pieces supplied (box, manual, etc.). But that was the best I had to go on, since I didn't know anyone that was a collector of the 94 commemoratives. The reason that the Teddy Roosevelts are not as valuable as some of the other commemoratives is that there were more of them made than almost any other commemorative. I will also say that this was a couple years ago that I looked this up so the value could have fluctuated either up or down by this time. I hope this at least helps you get started on the value of this gun!

Bob

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob, This is as much a charity gift as a gun purchase so I'll think I'm going to go ahead and but it. TC

<eldeguello>
posted
A Teddy Roosevelt Commemorative! Shouldn't be a .30/30! It should be an M95 in .405!! [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eldeguello:
A Teddy Roosevelt Commemorative! Shouldn't be a .30/30! It should be an M95 in .405!! [Big Grin]

AGREED!