New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weaver bases for Kimber?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
does anyone know where I can find weaver style bases for a short action Kimber 8400 Montanna?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6637 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been trying to find some also. I hears that Warne has Maxima bases that match the contour but come with 6-48 scrws that would have to be replaced with 8-40 in order for them to work with the 8400, I haven't senn these bases to verify, call Warne.
bigbull

Posts: 400 | Location: CANADA | Registered: 06 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I understand Warne and Kimber had a disagreement about something techical or other, and Warne stopped making them. I have a set on my M84 and they are nice.

Have you tried Talley?

Jaywalker

Posts: 1006 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Sorry to report they're not available for a Kimber 84 or 8400... been through all this before. The Talley Lwt's are the best option for a simple, rugged and light mount. They are quite "high" however.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Kimber Lwt's are the best option for a simple, rugged and light mount. They are quite "high" however.

Perhaps Brad means the Talley one piece lightweights?

In any case I want to get up to speed on the 8400 mount options myself.

I have the standard Talley steel mounts on a 8400. They are high also but so are Kimber combs.

I would much rather have the Weaver style bases for many reasons.

Leupold lists the 8400 now but I can't figure out their site so far.

http://www.leupold.com/resources/MountFitChart/2005_Leupold_Mount_Chart.pdf

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I too have the Talleys. They are good mounts ut higher than I like. If somebody does finally make a Weaver base I hope someone posts so I can get some.

Posts: 178 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 07 January 2002Reply With Quote