THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    It will sure put a smile on your face when......

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It will sure put a smile on your face when......
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
....you pull off a group like this. Love my 7mm-08!!!! Groups usually average around the 3/4" mark, but occasionally I get a one holer like this one. I measured it wrong to start with. The 0.560 is outside edge to outside edge. Forgot to subtract the bullet diameter of .284. Actual group size is 0.267".

Dark lines are 1/2"..lighter lines are 1/4"

firstshot
----------------------------
Make your first shot count!

Posts: 213 | Location: North West Arkansas | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Gotta love that! Way to go.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Always fun when it all works!
Doing load development on my 6.5x284 it kept doing stuff like this:

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
clapFrom a 7600!!! That is spec-- taaacularrr and really good to boot. thumb thumbroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting First Shot. clap

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
That can"t be! In a sloppy pump gun with plain old run of the mill Speer Hot Cores no less! This can only happen in a dream. We all know that you must use a high grade custom bolt gun using costly premium grade bullets to achieve these results.... Huh? Big Grin Love it!

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all. Yea...I'm really liking this sloppy old pump gun and the Speer Hot Cores have performed great on game in my REM Mtn LSS 7mm-08 so thought I'd try them out in the pump.

Doug...you are absolutely right! You know....I used to catch some pretty nice bass out of my 10Ft flatbottom boat too! Seems the bass didn't know I wasn't sitting in a $20,000 dollar bass boat.Big Grin Big Grin

firstshot
-----------------------------

Posts: 213 | Location: North West Arkansas | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fjold

Thats a sweet 5 shot group. In my book, that's what makes reloading so much fun. I don't care what kind of rifle / calliber you got....90+ % of the time there is a bullet, powder, brass, powder, charge, etc. etc. combination out there that can make it shoot. You just got to find it!

firstshot
------------------------------

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only bad thing about shooting a group like that is you want to shoot another one. Big Grin
Good job.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey First Shot, Great shooting! Looks like you are ready for some Deer, Hogs and Bear.

Good Hunting and clean 1-shot Kills.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
stillbeeman
You're right about that. Thing is, now that I KNOW that the gun can shoot cloverleafs....any group bigger than that is MY fault! LOL

Hot Core
Going out this weekend for deer or hogs....which ever shows up first!

firstshot
----------------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post
very nice, FirstShot!

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Nice job, firstshot!! Looks like both you and the rifle are doing your part! What was the range?? thumb

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Range was 100 YDs

firstshot
---------------------------