Find
Notify
Tools

Savage WSM Extraction problem?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need help,

I have a new out of the box 7mm WSM SAvage 16fcsak- it will not extract the case, as I pull back on the bolt, the shell "falls" out, and the case just sites there,

is this a common problem?

How can I solve this?

thanks

Posts: 186 | Location: langley,BC | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
My 223 did the same thing, I called Savage and they sent a new extractor, it works most of the time now but not 100%

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
quote:
How can I solve this?

Big GrinThat's real easy you see, just take it down to the local gun shop and trade it on a Model 700 or a Model 70 and problem solved animal

Just couldn't resist.

Call Savage, they'll help you out. You can go to www.savagearms.com and get their contact info.

Have a Good One

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm having the same problem with my 325 WSM that I built from a pre accu trigger action. I found that if I pull the bolt back slowly the spent case won't eject but if I do it fast it pops them out most of the time. I never have a problem with loaded rounds ejecting.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
SA Stainless Savages,Swift Premier Scopes and SSS Triggers.

Posts: 25 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maxx,
I was just on another forum and they said it might be a problem with the extracter. They said to have your serial # ready and call Savage to see about a new extracter. They should send you one free of charge. The other forum is SavageShooters.net

NRA LIFE MEMBER
SA Stainless Savages,Swift Premier Scopes and SSS Triggers.

Posts: 25 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjp45:
Maxx,
I was just on another forum and they said it might be a problem with the extracter. They said to have your serial # ready and call Savage to see about a new extracter. They should send you one free of charge. The other forum is SavageShooters.net

thanks guys, this is exactly what I did today. The service rep was most helpfull, and I have a new extractor on the way,

to be continued,,

Posts: 186 | Location: langley,BC | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote