THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    9.3x62 CZ Mannlicher- Rifle/Cartridge Opinions

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9.3x62 CZ Mannlicher- Rifle/Cartridge Opinions
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Seamus O'Grady
posted
I have always wanted a rifle with a full length stock and like the CZ 550 in 9.3x62. Who manufactures bullets for this cartridge and what loads do people like? Also, what would the maximum range on griz with this rifle?

Posts: 567 | Location: Washington | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HI SEAMUS,
SPEER MAKES 9.3 AS DOES SWIFT FOR SURE.
RICHARD

------------------
rlda07052

one of us
posted Hide Post
I own exactly such a thing. I�ve shot two loads under 1" and to the same POI. Lapua 286 and PMP 286 grs ( RN ).

For smaller game the 250 grs bullets ( Norma ) might be the ticket. For heavy game 286 grains. Especially the Partition. Its of late construction, should be mighty tough.

Be warned there are some people who think there are 300 and even heavier bullets there. Don�t believe them. The 286 grainers are hell of long, I dont believe heavier is possible :-))

I think the practical limit, sighted in 4 cm high at 100 m is 225 m. After that distance guessing is unreliable, and the bullet will drop down like dead.

Buy it, use it close and be happy.

Hermann

------------------

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the CZ550 American in 9.3x62. I have been working up loads using both the Nosler Ballistic Tip 250 gr (for lighter game) and the Nosler Partition 286 gr (for the bigger stuff). Both are great bullets for their intended usage. I feel this gun/caliber combination should be VERY effective out to 275-300 yards with the proper sighting. The CZ550 FS is a beautiful firearm....I'd get one and not look back. Good luck. Gary.

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
ahunter -
quote:
Be warned there are some people who think there are 300 and even heavier bullets there. Don�t believe them. The 286 grainers are hell of long, I dont believe heavier is possible
Now you did it. Ray'll have your hide for sure.

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BER007
posted Hide Post
Seamus O'Grady,

From my European point of view, Norma made the best factory load for that caliber (with Oryx bullet).

Regarding bullets the best bullets are : Lapua 270 gr Forex, Lapua 285 gr Mega, Norma 285 gr Alaska and Norma 232 gr Vulkan.IMHO

------------------
BER007
Keep the faith in any circumstances
------------------------
BBER007@HOTMAIL.COM

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ber, I�m quite sure the 270 grs bullet is the Speer, as also loaded by Hirtenberg.

The Vulcan is good for not so heavy game. The PMP is a RN. The Lapua 286 is kinda "blunt nosed", I will try it on game any day.

The Nosler Partition and the Norma plastic point are the most aerodynamic in 286 grs, IMO.

Hermann

------------------