Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone shot a Savage 112BVSS?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted
I've been hearing that the Savage 12s and 112s are quite good shooters w/ sub 1/2" groups not uncommon. I held a 12 w/ laminated stock and 26" fluted barrel the other day. Seemed like a nice rifle, heavy but, seemed pretty solid.

Anyone shot the 12s or 112s?

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 12 FVSS that I bought about 6 months ago in 22-250, it is a very accurate rifle, it will shoot better than I can, it will shoot 3/4" 5 shot groups all day long, I LOVE the Accutrigger, it is awesome,

Posts: 186 | Location: langley,BC | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Cat Doctor
posted Hide Post
I bought a 112 bvss in a 7mm rem mag last November I also put a Leupold 6.5x20 on it. I have not done a lot of load developement yet but it will shoot winchester supreme balastic silvertips at sub 1/2 moa.

Married men live longer than single men do,

but married men are a lot more willing to die.

Posts: 165 | Location: missouri | Registered: 18 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a model 12 bvss in 22-250 that shoots under 1/2" 5 shot groups all day. It shoots better than any of my custom barrel rifles.

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
i have a 112bvss was 22/250 with a rifle basic trigger 8x 30 x 40 bushnell shot a lot of groups in the .3's I just rebarrled it to a 243 AI 26" douglas barrel from sharpshooters.
Still developing loads fire formed loads are in the .6's.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
I have an FP10 w/accutrigger in 223 which shoots everything I have tried in it under an inch @ 100 yds. straight out of the box. W/55 gr. Nosler bal. tips shoots 5/8" five shot groups.

My 111 pre-accutriger in 338 Win Mag does 5/8" 100 yd five shot groups w/225 gr. accubonds and 3/4' w/nos. partitions. This rifle has been bedded in the original plastic stock and had a trigger job.

Just worked up a 270 gr. accubond load for my 375 h&h mod 116 Safari Express and had a 3 shot .460" hundred yard group going when the scope "blew up" ending the string. Something came loose in the scope and cannot focus now. Anxiously awaiting scope's return from factory to shake down this rifle/load combination. This rifle also pre-accutrigger and has been bedded in its original walnut stock.

Not the prettiest rifles out there but pretty is as pretty does in my book. Big Grin

Regards,
hm

2 Chronicles 7:14:
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Posts: 903 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
I have a Savage 112 "something" That I bought about 10 years ago. It's a single shot in .223, blued action and barrel, 26" barrel and synthetic stock. A really good shooter, well balanced for shooting off hand, shoots between .5-.75 five shot groups at 100 yds. off the bench.

sweet!

Well, they really aren't debates... more like horse and pony shows... without the pony... just the whores.

1955, Top tax rate, 92%... unemployment, 4%.

"Beware of the Free Market. There are only two ways you can make that work. Either you bring the world's standard of living up to match ours, or lower ours to meet their's. You know which way it will go."
by My Great Grandfather, 1960

Protection for Monsanto is Persecution of Farmers.

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote