New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need to sell a McGowen 338
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guys, I have been out of work for almost 10 months, and need to move a rifle. It is an Enfield, "coin finished" in satin stainless, custom stocked, with a McGowen Premium Stainless barrel. The stock is perfectly functional, but has the remains of epoxy diamonds on the forend above the floor metal, and half a diamond outline on the right side of the stock. (I was going to put a Boyd's on it, but lost a job...) Action converted to cock on opening, bedded and free-floated, and has a Timney in it. Redfield one-piece base and Millett satin rings.
I have 127 pieces of 1X brass, 107 of them Nickel Federals that have been re-sized and re-primed with Federal 215s, a set of RCBS dies and two boxes of bullets: one box of Speer 225 Hot Cors and one box of Barnes X 165s. Also have a full box of Federal Safari 210-grain Partition factory rounds.
I have a copy of the work order from McGowen, and the barrel work alone was $318.
There is a Leupold silver 3.5 X 10 Vari-X III mounted on the rifle, and I am looking for $800 for the whole rig. Will sell the rifle and all the loading gear for $450 minus scope, and can deliver the rifle to the Houston TX area.
Can email photos if interested.
I hate to sell guns, guys, but am in kind of a bind. doubless@beamans.com, if any of you are interested, and thanks in advance.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you might want to put this in the classified section.