Find
Notify
Tools

Auction prices - Rem. 7600
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted
I just got home from an auction which included two Rem 7600 rifles with rather plain maple stocks. Both guns were NIB. These were limited production rifles, but the prices sure surprised me.

The first one chambered in 30/06 sold for $2,150 and the second one chambered in 25/06 went for $4,400. Eeker

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2305 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are semi-auto rifles still illegal for deer hunting is Pensy? If so that is probably the reason for the stupid prices.

Hip

Posts: 1829 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suspect these two rifles were sold as, "collector" items, with no plan that they will be fired.

Posts: 26 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 February 2020Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
They sound like "Grice Guns" special orders. For many years Grice Guns (Clearfield, Pa.) was the largest Remington retailer in the USA. They had a run of maple stock guns every year. Sometimes also special chamberings. There are some that collect these yearly runs.

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are semi-auto rifles still illegal for deer hunting is Pensy? If so that is probably the reason for the stupid prices.

Yes, but there are plenty of regular Rem. pumps available in PA without these crazy prices. I'm guessing that the guy who bought both of these guns sees them as collectible.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2305 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall that with Remington's demise any 7600 might appreciate. They've certainly got dearer here.

Posts: 4969 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Sabarman - They have gotten more expensive here as well but I'm sure that varies depending upon where you're located in the US. I've seen regular walnut stocked 760/7600 rifles in common calibers and very good condition selling in the $800-$1,000 range.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Those prices are INSANE. Just last year I bought a new but with no box 7600 30/06 walnut stock from a dealer who is known
to be a hard ass and does not budge on his prices for $165.00 out the door. You all need to come to South Louisiana. Big Grin

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found the autos inaccurate for the most part and the pumps as accurate as most bolt guns as was the
reason the cia chose the pump rem btw..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
reason the cia chose the pump rem btw..

Cool I understand that. btw

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Price out one in 35 whelen if you want a shock.

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
The 7600 in 35 Whelen is one of our favorite sambar rifles - but if they get much dearer I won't be game to take to take it out.

Posts: 4969 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Probably cheaper to just rebore one to 35 Whelan, better yet a 9.3x62, a friend of mine did that and it shot an inch at 100...I recall a post on here wherein the poste used cheap rubber gaset of some sort to prevent that rattle in the pumps..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Labman:
I just got home from an auction which included two Rem 7600 rifles with rather plain maple stocks. Both guns were NIB. These were limited production rifles, but the prices sure surprised me.

The first one chambered in 30/06 sold for $2,800 and the second one chambered in 25/06 went for $4,400. Eeker

That's surprising, even given the fact it's PA! Big Grin We love our 7600's and (for some reason) our maple stocks. I'll agree with others those sound like Grice special runs, but I don't know if I'd ever pay that kind of coin for a deer blaster like that.

Labman, where was the auction?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Horst Auction in Ephrata PA. I just realized that I got the price wrong on the 30/06. Mixed it up with the next item at the auction. Corrected price is $2,150. Items #181 and # 183 at the April 29th auction.

Check out the realized prices at their website.

www.horstauction.com

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like my 760s as hunting tools but collecting them is akin to collecting beanie babies.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2144 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote