Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler 9,3X62 ammo
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted
Midway now has 9,3X62 ammunition from Nosler loaded with a 286 grain Partition. Nosler claims a muzzle velocity of 2430 fps. I was wondering if anyone had ever chronograped this stuff?

Dave

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
"2430" is the expected velocity with a 286 gr. bullet. I wonder whether that is where it came from? Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19316 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bush:
Midway now has 9,3X62 ammunition from Nosler loaded with a 286 grain Partition. Nosler claims a muzzle velocity of 2430 fps. I was wondering if anyone had ever chronograped this stuff?

Dave

Dave,

I'm geting 2390 fps average from 24" barrel and my reload = 286 NPTs over IMR-4320.

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Dave,

I don't have any experience with this load myself, but in the Nov/Dec issue of Successful Hunter Magazine, Phil Shoemaker (aka 458Win) wrote about using this load with great success. You might want to send him a pm to get more details.

Also, if you haven't already saw it, there is a discussion going on over on the Alaskan Hunting Forum about different 9.3 bullets and loads. Hope that helps Smiler

Posts: 373 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: 31 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify, that was the 2006 Nov/Dec issue of Successful Hunter, not 2007

Posts: 373 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: 31 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I get 2425 fps with a 286gr. NP over 65gr. Ramshot Big Game with 22 inch barrel. Accuracy for 3 shots is very good. Preformance on game outstanding. Yes that is a chronographed load.

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 286 gr Nosler partition load for 9,3x62 on Norma brass with RL-15 chronos at 2425 from a 24" bbl CZ American ... so I could easily believe the Nosler ammunition can make 2430 fps.

The load has proven itself to be an great performer on smaller (whitetails, Impala, piggies and Warthog) to larger game (Wildebeast and Zebra).

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote