New
Find
Notify
Tools

steyr mannlicher m72 rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody own one of these or know anything about them? I'm looking at a Steyr Mannlicher Schoenauer M72 full stock 7x57--double set triggers. I believe I read they were made between 1972 and 1980? Good rifles?

Posts: 217 | Location: upstate ny | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
Steyr Mannlicher's are all supposed to be pretty good rifles. I'd imagine you'll be just fine.

Then again, I don't think I'd pass up a good deal on any full stock 7x57 with double set triggers - I'm just a sucker for that style of rifle.

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It had the test target from the factory in the box that I just measured with my calipers--.412 at 100M! Man, if it really shoots like that, I will be ecstatic!

one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
quote:
It had the test target from the factory in the box that I just measured with my calipers--.412 at 100M!

I think what that rifle is trying to tell you is it really wants to come home with you.

Run, do not walk to the store and grab her up before someone else does.

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yeah, I think its just going to have to come home with me. It comes with a set of conetrol rings too, which are pricey rings, and he even said he'd throw in a warranty and a box of shells, and I got them $100 down on the price...pretty hard to pass up...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You lucky, lucky man, a Mannlicher in 7x57 a classic rifle in a classic calibre! Buy it!

Posts: 1374 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boha
posted Hide Post
Buy it. I´ve used one (.243) full stocked with a similar factory target since 1980. They are really well made. Every year someone wants to buy it. Cewe on these forums uses a 375 model 72, and sweares by it.

Boha

Posts: 493 | Location: Finland | Registered: 18 July 2001Reply With Quote