New
Find
Notify
Tools

358 STA
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A very nice one at Green Mountain Guns, Lakewood Co. Consigned for about $700. AFtermarket stock, great trigger, 26 inch custom bbl, don't know th maker. A good deal for somebody who wants the real all around rifle for North America. 99.9 % condition. Rem 700 action, bdl floorplate.

Posts: 180 | Location: lakewood, co | Registered: 26 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paul garrett:
the real all around rifle for North America. 99.9 % condition. Rem 700 action, bdl floorplate.

Don't you mean "With the right bullet, nothing is safe, Rifle"

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good spare for Pat Hurley. Big Grin

Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul ----- Thanks for the information, I will make a call for details. A custom barrel and stock gets the value. Not crazy about the 700 unless a replacement safety has been installed. ----- Rich, I appreciate the thought. I already have a spare, but with six grandsons, why not one for each, with a visit to the Rift Valley someday. wave Good shooting

phurley

Posts: 2354 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I saw it there yesterday. It is a Shilen barrel, and I am pretty sure it is a Mcmillan stock.

It is a very nice rifle, but I just can't justify a 358 STA.

Posts: 11 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Strut10
posted Hide Post
Crap!! Mad About 6 months too late. Frowner

Sure would love to have an STA to play with. Gotta be about the ultimate "do-all" rifle short of DG.

Founder....the OTPG

Posts: 764 | Location: slightly off | Registered: 22 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dronofrio: Thanks for filling in details. My memory banks aren't the same anymore. It is indeed a Shilen bbl. This is a heck of a deal for a guy who wants a long range thumper. If I didn't have a 375, I might buy it myself.

Posts: 180 | Location: lakewood, co | Registered: 26 March 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It has been there at least 1 month, I actully went in there to look at it Wed. but walked out with a like new Kimber 8400 classic 270 wsm for a price that could not be beat. Otherwise it would have come home with me.

Posts: 11 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote