New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fall block
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Do any of you have a link where I can find information about fall block actions?
I am interested in Farquarson and guns like that.

Regards
Johan

Posts: 87 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 14 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Com on guys. You have always have been fast to answer. What has happed to you???
Only one little home page with fall block riffles. Please.

Posts: 87 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 14 September 2001Reply With Quote
<Don Martin29>
posted
I saw some Farquarsons when I was in England. They were in a private collection and one was a target model with a spirit level front sight.

Try a forum search site like www.boardreader.com and look for Schuetzen, Farquarson, single shot etc.

Tell me when you find something.

one of us
posted Hide Post
There are quite a few falling block actions made now that will handle today's cartridges. Ruger has the No.1, Martin Hagn in Canada is turning out what may very well the best falling block ever built, Hall makes a falling block action and I think Dressel's builds custom rifles around it, Dakota's No. 10 is a falling block action. I don't think anyone is building an action exactly like the Farquharson anymore, but you can find them from time to time on some of the auction sites. They are very expensive, but I have seen a few Thomas Bland farquharson's go for a bit less than 10K.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
<1GEEJAY>
posted
Hey'
The Winchester 1885's are being used by 1,000 shooters,where the competition,is limited to ladder sights.Lee Shaver in Lamar,Missouri,is a gun smith that specializes in those guns.Might be a good source for you.
1geejay
www.shooting-hunting.com [Wink]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
375HH,
These are made in Idaho and greatly resemble Winchesters.

http://www.meachamrifles.com/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also check out Ballard Rifles ; they make duplicates of the old Ballard falling block and Winchester 1885 falling block.

Posts: 421 | Location: Broomfield, CO, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote