New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage 11G 7mm-08??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I could use some help. I want to put a set of Talley One-Piece Lightweight scope mounts on this rifle and I am having a hard time figuring out which is the correct model number.
I contacted Talley and he was about as confused as I am.
It's just a plain old Savage 11G in 7MM-08. I've been told it is the same as the 110-116, I have also been told it is a 12 Round Action.
Can you guys help me out here, what the hell do I need to get the correct rings???

Thanks

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The long and short Savage actions are the same, and use the same bases(assuming two piece mounts, obviously). YOu do have to be aware, however, that Savage changed the profile of the rear ring of the receiver when they switched over to their Accutrigger models. On the pre-Accutrigger models, the rear receiver ring is flat, where on the Accutrigger models it is round like the front ring. Anyone who deals in mount/rings, etc. should know this and be able to steer you straight to what you need.
If you go to MidwayUSA.com, they have it divided out by flat or round receiver profile, and they are for Models 10-16 and 110-116 (same bases for long and short).

SBB

Posts: 250 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote