New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Rifle!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just picked up something on a gun trade that looks interesting. The rifle is a Magnum Research Mountain Eagle which essentially seems to be a Sako action, Krieger barrel, and HS Precision stock in caliber .300 Win Mag. Its former owner bought it, shot it a few times,, and stuck it in his safe. Has anyone out there owned one of these? It seems to be a quality piece of equipment.

Posts: 400 | Location: Murfreesboro,TN,USA | Registered: 16 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jbd,
congrats on buying that Awesome rifle,i own two the 1st ones a270wcf,the 2nds a limited edition 223 varmint rifle,made also in (222) remington. their tac-drivers wonderfully made.
enjoy that baby,regards banana

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe they were Sako actions that had the square bridges/dovetails milled off to make them rounded and duplicate a M70 or M700 shape?

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in 280 that is really a shooter. Only criticism is they tend to be heavy. I would love to find a 7 Mag or 300 Win to pair up with the one I have. Good luck with it!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also have one in .300 Win Mag. Great shooter. They were built on a Sako L691 action.

TreeFarmer
NRA Life Member

Moderation in the pursuit of decadence is no virture.

Posts: 262 | Location: PA & VA, USA | Registered: 26 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot the rifle the other day and was very pleased using RL22 and a 180gr. Accubond. I have about $800.00 in the rifle and it came with a set of Talley bases and rings. It looks like it will be a keeper. I did notice that every so often it would fail to eject a spent case or barely throw it. Could this indicate a weak ejector spring?

Posts: 400 | Location: Murfreesboro,TN,USA | Registered: 16 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
FYI, here's an ad from today's Austin (Texas) American-Statesman:

Magnum Research 300 Win Mag Sako Action w/ case & papers, Excellent. $960. (512) 422-3325

I know nothing of the gun or the owner, but saw that some of you guys are interested in these so I thought I'd pass the information along.

Posts: 13235 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote