New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope rings
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just purchased a Remington Sendero in 300 RUM. I plan to mount a 4.5-14 Vari-x III. I've decided on either the Leupold dual dovetail or the PRW's. Does anyone have experience with either of these and would you recommend them? Thanks.--JM.

Posts: 60 | Location: CA USA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
helidriver72,

Welcome to the forums!

Do a search on "scope rings" or "scope mounts". There has been a lot of discussion on this topic.

Either of those is probably fine. If you go with the PRW's, use steel bases as the aluminum ones can deform after repeated battering from the crossbolt.

------------------
I know the next rifle will be perfect.......

Posts: 267 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
What's a PRW?

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
R-West,

The PRW is Leupolds "permanent' version of their "Quick Release Weaver" or QWR rings.

See them at this link: www.leupold.com/products/mounts.htm They are the 3rd picture from the bottom.

------------------
I know the next rifle will be perfect.......

Posts: 267 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Gotcha - thanks.

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With that conglomeration of gun and huge scope I would certainly go with the dual dovetails and never take them off. When you remove dovetails they decrease the accuracy of the rifle by a percentage with each removal according to Jack Belk..sounds logical. They are truly strong mounts.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41865 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote