THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Torched Off My New 338 Lapua Magnum

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Torched Off My New 338 Lapua Magnum
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Without the factory muzzle brake that sucker hurts the shoulder in the prone position. It is a sniper rifle and is designed to fire prone. The heavy 27" barrel makes it an awkward proposition from other positions.
With the muzzle brake the pressure wave is very uncomfortable, especially for anyone not located directly behind the rifle.
Sooooo, it is time to order a suppressor. I will post pictures then.

BTW, the Sako TRG-41 is accurate, especially with the Lapua 250 grain HPBT "Scenar" bullets. It is almost as good with the 250 grain "lock base" FMJ bullets. I haven't tried the 300 grain Sierra HPBT Matchking bullets yet.

I wouldn't want to get center-punched with any of those bullets at any range!

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle. Now go shoot some F-class at 1000 yards.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have some 6mm XC brass on order for my F class project. .308 and .338 Lapua only get shot at Larue steel plates and green silhouettes Smiler.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote