THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    bought a CZ 550 American in 9.3x62

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

bought a CZ 550 American in 9.3x62
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just bought it, brand new, in the box, completely unfired, dual crossbolts, from a fellow who bought it then had car problems and wanted to sell it ... for $350. Actually, it is for my brother. He has always wanted one. The wood looks good, but it is not freefloated cause there is a hangup at the fore end tip, unless that hangup is a pressure point and is supposed to be there. Thought all CZ 550s were free floated. The test target is .671 inch center to center.

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Good deal. Here in my town they sell for $606.00 new.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
7x57,

I have a lux 9.3 and love it, I had it bedded and floated to remove the touching of the for end it flexed a little but it is fine now. A very well set up gun with the dual cross bolts and it also has a better barrel lug set up than the safari big bores as it just uses a simple F block lug on the barrel, where as the safari's have the more complicated tie down set up.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ordered one a few weeks ago, $579.00. Still havn't received it. What load are you using to get .671?

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You did good. Sad story for the original owner.

My 9.3x62 is a superb rifle. Shoots <1 moa with any load I've fed it, gets 2400+ with 286 Noslers, and has taken deer, hog, Warthog, Impala, Blue Wildebeast, Kudu and Zebra. Very, very effective on game.

Recoil is reasonable, and the rifle is handy and easy to manage in the woods. Can't ask for more.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That hangup is a pressure point. Don't be surprised by small groups -- my rifle turned in a .187 with S&B factory ammo, but I think it was a fluke. It did shoot very well with Nosler Partitions or 270-gr. Speers over H4895. The Nosler did well on heavy game, but the Speer did not. Search these forums for information on the 9.3x62, especially on bullet choice. There is a lot here.

Okie John

"The 30-06 works. Period." --Finn Aagaard