THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Anyone put a Sims Limbsaver recoil pad on a Rem 700 LSS?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone put a Sims Limbsaver recoil pad on a Rem 700 LSS?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Arkapigdiesel
posted
I've got a Remington Model 700 LSS .300 RUM and I really want to put the Limbsaver recoil pad on it for obvious reasons. The stock recoil pad is glued on according to Remington and I don't think Limbsaver makes a screw on replacement.

Has anyone taken the stock pad off a Rem Model 700 LSS and replaced with a Limbsaver? If so, did you have to use the grind to fit one?

Posts: 91 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 07 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might want to put this post over on the gunsmithing site. You could e-mail simms and see what they say. I do believe they make the pad for the rem sps guns right out of the box.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too would like to know the answer to this.

One of Us
Picture of Arkapigdiesel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kraky:
You might want to put this post over on the gunsmithing site. You could e-mail simms and see what they say. I do believe they make the pad for the rem sps guns right out of the box.

I just posted this on the Gunsmithing section also. I did contact Sims, but their only suggestion was to print the template off of their website to see if it would fit the LSS model. They didn't offer any advice as to removing the glued on recoil pad.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya, I wanted to put a simms on a savage 200 and got about the same amount of help....about as much as a box of rocks--I wound up getting a pachmyr and it didn't fit so great either.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cobra
posted Hide Post
I thought the R3 pad from Remington was available on most Remington models.

Posts: 8827 | Location: CANADA | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just stuck a Sims on a Stevens. Get the one for the Savage 110 synthetic.

One of Us
Picture of Arkapigdiesel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobra:

I bought my 300 RUM before Remington began putting the R3 on 'em unfortunately.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Racklover--can you tell me what the part number was on the limbsaver that went on the Stevens? They couldn't tell me what part number would fit and the templates didn't look like a match.
What I found on their website doesn't show an exact model match....just older and newer syn stocks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
From memory, 10111 the package which I dont have lists the Savage.

One of Us
Picture of cobra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arkapigdiesel:
quote:
Originally posted by cobra:

I bought my 300 RUM before Remington began putting the R3 on 'em unfortunately.

I just checked the Remington website and they have them listed under gun parts in the accessories section. There should be one listed for your model.

Posts: 8827 | Location: CANADA | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote