THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Pro Point 2 red dot on a Marlin 30-30 ?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pro Point 2 red dot on a Marlin 30-30 ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just wondering if this would work or if anyone else has tried it. What do you think guys? [Big Grin]
Thanks for any input.
Pa. Griz

Posts: 169 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have red dot on a Ruger 77/44 SS. Truck gun, though I load paper patch in it for grins and giggles.(for big holes too. Different subject) Terrific sight, and I wouldn't hesitate to go 200 yards with it. Easy, cheap, light, and very, very effective.

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a pro point pdp6 red dot on my marlin 1894p .44 rem mag. It's good for close work but the dot covers the target as you get out and makes it difficult for precise shot placement. It was originally on my 45/70 but I figure it's better suited to the range capabilities of the .44 rem mag.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BER007
posted Hide Post
PaGriz,

It is a good and cheap choice. But to be reasonable up to 100 yars is enough.

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote