Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Custom Shop catalogue
 Login/Join

<Mike McGuire>
posted
http://www.remington.com/pdfs/...talog_customshop.pdf

I think the hunting rifles are about $2800US to $3000US. That is approaching HS Precision or an upgrade on a Wby Accumark.

One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike McGuire:
http://www.remington.com/pdfs/...talog_customshop.pdf

I think the hunting rifles are about $2800US to $3000US. That is approaching HS Precision or an upgrade on a Wby Accumark.

As the PROUD owner of a delightful little .257 Roberts M7MS (Mannlicher full stock) I can say that the Custom Shop rifles are very well put together. My Bob shoots 1/2" groups quite consistently with 117 SGK's.

On the other hand I sure didn't pay $2650 for mine...which was the retail (give or take) when I bought it. They go for about 50% off if you are willing to take your time and shop for one. I found mine for just over $1200.

Retail prices are just that: prices for retail shopers. I'm a founding Father of the "Cheap Bastards Society" - I try to get the most for my buck every time.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2314 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some time back I was looking at the Custom Shop M7 with a full stock in 7-08. The price was @$1100.00. By the time I could talk myself into it, the price had crept up to $1800 so I past.
I still think about that rifle tho. Frowner

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I bought a custom shop 375 H + H in 1982. It is a 'lightweight' version with slimmer 24 inch barrel and a total weight of 7 pounds. Paid the princely sum of $265.00 for it back then.Looks like they are a bit more expensive now!!

Posts: 5701 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
The Remington Custom Shop can put out a really nice deer rifle but they don't seem to understand the requirements of a good African rifle (not withstandinding the pushfeed/control feed argument). A friend has a 416 Remington Custom Shop Mod. 700 that is a truly wonderful shooter but didn't feed anything but spire points. It was sent back twice (once by him and once by his brother a year later) and they were told both times it was "in spec" even though it would not feed any brand of solid or blunt-nosed soft. A few minutes (literally, not hours) with a file and stone on the feed ramp and he fixed it himself. I don't think this is a reflection on the desire of Remington to produce a good rifle; just a lack of interest (what do you expect from a push-feed rifle company) sofa about what bullets a $3000.00 big bore rifle should be capable of shooting. In other words, if Remington doesn't load it, the rifle doesn't have to feed it.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
<Mike McGuire>
posted
And no matter how well they make them they will still have thay horrible rivot in the bolt nose for the extractor.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your friend could have made a pretty penny for himself teaching those dullards at Remington Custom Shop how to make a proper rifle. rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 700 LH Custom KS Mountain in 338 WM I bought for about 1/4th of the cost of a new one on auction arms (10 years old at the time but still "NIB") will do this:

3 shots 100 meters

My hiers will have to decide what to do with it because I'll never sell it!

Posts: 283 | Location: SW Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
I can't see paying anything north of $700 for a Remington. bewildered

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Lou:
I can't see paying anything north of $700 for a Remington. bewildered
I can't see anyone having to pay me more than $700 to take a Sako-junk, or an inconsistent Kimber off their hands. moon

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote