New
Find
Notify
Tools

ER Shaw Barrels
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone purchase and have Shaw install a barrel for them recently? Are you happy with the outcome

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6611 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
<9.3x62>
posted
I just posted some info on this last night in the Varmint forum:

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5411043/m/193104004

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6611 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had them do this 35 whelen last summer for my dad. It turned out really good, The finish was nice and the barrel shot well.

Posts: 671 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
e.r. shaw did my 6mm rem 700 last year new barrel accurizing the works shoots GREAT
THANKS TERMITE

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had an E.R. Shaw barrel put on my 30/06 about 4 years ago. It is a very accurate barrel. Comes 26". I put 3 bullets thru the same bullet
hole at 200 yds using W748 powder with this E.R.Shaw barrel.

Posts: 2209 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shaw's general reputation is POOR

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wilson air gauged barrels have proven to be extremely competitive in Highpower and they are reasonably priced.

I'd buy a Wilson long before a Shaw.

<9.3x62>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by HP Shooter:
I'd buy a Wilson...

Where do you get them, and for what price? Do you have a link to the contours they offer? Thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I looked into both ER Shaw and Wilson. I had two seperate riflesmiths tell me that when they attended gunsmithing schools and had to build project rifles.The only parts the instructors wouldn't allow them to use is ER Shaw and Wilson barrels,since the quality of both is such dogshit. In which case a student wouldn't now wether it was a bad barrel or their own poor instalation of a barrel that was causing problems in a project rifle.

As for Wilson barrels in AR's,yes you see them and most are in the shitty aftermarket ones,with the exception of Rock River. The top end ones use Lothar walther and krieger. In high power its nothing to throw away barrels. Which is the whole beauty of the AR platform.

Posts: 837 | Location: wyoming | Registered: 19 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9.3x62:
quote:
Originally posted by HP Shooter:
I'd buy a Wilson...

Where do you get them, and for what price? Do you have a link to the contours they offer? Thanks.

Wilson Barrels

You'll have to call them because their website is crap.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RMK: As for Wilson barrels in AR's,yes you see them and most are in the shitty aftermarket ones,with the exception of Rock River.

First off, the fact that John Holliger, one of the best AR shooters in the country and arguably the top AR highpower gunsmith, uses Wilson air gauged barrels for his White Oak Armament uppers pretty much confirms what I said. The best Wilson makes is pretty damned good.

John does build a higher priced line of uppers (White Oak Precision) with Pac-Nors and Kriegers, but his Wilson barreled uppers have won several national level matches already.

And while we change barrels more often that hunters and plinkers, it is only because we shoot about 100X what they do in a year, and our accuracy demand is 1 MOA at 600 yards.

Nobody I know can afford to "throw away" barrels just because they bought a POS. You will not find anyone in HP who is dissatisfied with Wilson premium barrels, and we are a pretty demanding lot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have several barrels from Shaw and not a bad one in the lot ! .280 rem /.308/ 7x57/ 30-06/ all shot 1.5 MOA at 200 yds or better ! I had shaw mount and chamber to actions .

Posts: 497 | Location: PA | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a Wilson SS Bull barrel for my AR, heard only good things about them

Posts: 1547 | Location: Lafayette, Louisiana | Registered: 18 June 2005Reply With Quote