Tools

LHeym500's 358STA
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted
I'll let him spill the details, beautiful Model 70

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Posts: 10821 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A beautiful rifle that in my opinion has no comparison and I have its twin. You will never regret working with the chambering when hunting for game larger than Deer. Good Shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2348 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
A real beauty!! After carrying a 358 Norma for 40 years I now have rifle envy,, Grab a pile of 280 Swift A Frames and head up this direction for brown bear,

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you both very kindly.

I do not know if I am ready for Brown Bear.

That is where a big 35 belongs.

Definitely elk and nilgai this winter.

Posts: 10821 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you ever go after Brown Bear you will be well gunned with the STA. I took a 91/2 footer at Cold Bay Alaska with a .300 Win Mag loaded with 200 grain Nosler Partition at 2900 fps. I got a one shot kill but after witnessing the speed and power of the Bear felt like I had a pee shooter in my hands. Since then when in Big Bear country I carried a .340 Wby and now the STA and feel more than adequate. Anything from .338 Win Mag up is fine. Good Shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2348 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also got the Catalog from 1999 introducing the 358 STA in the African Express Custom you see above.