THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Winchester pre64, SS in 338 RUM.

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester pre64, SS in 338 RUM.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello guys.
I just have to tell you; [Big Grin]
I've just delivered my Winchester pre'64, SS, to the gunsmith for a rebarreling.
It's a 338 Win.Mag.(with a very thin barrel).I'll have the gunsmith to put in a Shilen 26" SS-match barrel, and chamber it for 338 Rem.UltraMag.
He will also make it possible to swith between the two barrels as i want to, just like some bench rest rifles. He is also making sure everthing is 100% straight, including the bases for the scope. Then he will bedd it down in a laminated, straight sporter stock.
The man that got the job is NORVAPEN AS.(Arild Norbotten) www.norvapen.no . He is the man who have buildt most of the last years winning rifles in the Norwegian Benchrest Championship. So I have great expectations in this project.
Do you guys think this is something to wait for???

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it will be a great rifle Arild. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to company you to the range with your new rifle.
It better group tighter than my "Wonder Brenneke" rifle. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Magnar

Posts: 172 | Location: Hadeland, NORWAY | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote